1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Printer problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by crsaj, Jan 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. crsaj

crsaj Thread Starter

My Dell AIO 926 printer is locked. The LCD window says "cover open". The covers are closed but this message remains and does not allow the printer to function. The printer is out of warranty so I need help from this forum. Thanks. Charlie

2. sexnage

sexnage

Have you tried to look if there is a piece of paper stock inside? sometimes this is the problem. The other solution is to unplug the cable from the power outlet. The hold on the reset button for couple of seconds till you see the reset or defult settings.

Try it and let hope this works

Jaime

3. crsaj

crsaj Thread Starter

Thanks, but there is no paper lodged inside. I tried your suggestions to no avail. If I press a few of the buttons simutaneously I'll get a ready mode but when I select "copy" it locks and nothing happens.

4. sexnage

sexnage

I believe you need to take your printer for service. But before you do that, make sure you are not paying more then what you will spend on a new one.

Later

jaime

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976022

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice