1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

printer problems--asap

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by karenftx, Jan 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. karenftx

karenftx Thread Starter

I just put a new cable on my printer. I was told to uninstall the printer which I did. However, when I tried to reinstall, it said fatal error and could not find the driver.
    I went to Lexmark and downloaded the latest driver and now have it installed. However, when I went to put the disk in and to install the software, nothing happened. It just said "querying printer" and then stopped.
    I went to settings to install and also to control panel. Now I cannot get anything to come up when i click it.
    Help.

2. karenftx

karenftx Thread Starter

By the way, I am using a Lexmark z53 and Windows Me.

3. buck52

buck52 Banned

Howdy

I would uninstall drivers and software and start from scratch...
    Turn off computer connect printer then restart and let the new hardware wizard walk you thru it...when it asks for the drivers point it to the new drivers you downloaded not the drivers on the install CD

buck

4. karenftx

karenftx Thread Starter

Thanks. That helped but now its saying that it can't communicate with the printer. Why?:confused:

5. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

Does this printer work on some other machine?

6. karenftx

karenftx Thread Starter

No, it isn't, but I managed to fix it. The printer was never completely uninstalled. Thanks to all who answered!:D

7. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

Although I haven't solved this problem of yours, I would not mind accepting that Thank you. :D

You are welcome buddy :p

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112925

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice