1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Printer Problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Needhelpnow, Feb 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Needhelpnow

Needhelpnow Thread Starter

Ok i have a HP deskjet 710c and well it ran out of ink so i went out and bout a black ink cartridge and i didnt buy a color cause i dont need one right now well i put the cartdridge in and it still blinks saying i dont have ink and well when i try top print something now it doesnt even print it was working juts find yesterday but now i dont know what to do pleasse help im on right now

2. Davey7549

Davey7549

Needhelpnow
    There is several items to check.
    1) Did you leave the cellophane on the cartridge bottom and contacts.
    2) Do the contacts appear discolored on cartridge or holder. If so use pencil eraser to clean.
    3) Install cartridge, shut down printer and restart printer.
    4) Go into Toolbox utility and run tests and calibration
    5) Faulty cartridge or wrong type. (Is this HP or generic)

Dave

3. Needhelpnow

ok well the cellphane is off and its the generic that says works for 710c and i placed it in and the damn thing blinks cause it has no ink and would that make it stop from printing all together

4. Davey7549

Davey7549

No it should not prevent it from printing if ink is present. However using a generic could cause problems if the electronic portion is incompatable or possibly even defective. Your only alternative here is to return cartridge for another and test. I am not an advocate of generics for printers because the electronics are usually inferior.

IMHO Stick with the manufacturers cartridges, refill if you wish, but also understand some manufactures embed Smart chips which carry expiration dates. when these dates are reached the cartridge will not function.

That is all I can think of if you have tried all the options I listed.

Dave

5. Needhelpnow

welleven if there is no ink should it stopp from printing anyways cause i wont even print without ink

6. Davey7549

Davey7549

Needhelpnow
    As I said before I suspect there is an electronic problem with the cartridge! If the cartridge is not sensed properly then the printer will not work.
    Reinstall the old one and see if it will print or attempt to print.
    Dave

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117272

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice