Printer problems

Lockeyp

Ean
Hi guys, I'm having problems with my printer, just wondering if anyone has had the same problem, if so how they overcame it. as you can see there are blue and yellow /green lines on each of the pictures which is not on the original photo colouring the original photo colouring is Green. I have cleaned the print heads with print head cleaner several times We always use Genuine Epson inks. I have been onto Epson once before with the same enquiry in the end I had to give up as I had ran out of ink by constantly cleaning the heads the printer model XP405WH. We have had it for several years now - it has just started doing this. I'm just wondering if anyone else. this is what it should be like - instead it looks like the img.020 below.

1635012862376.png

Attachments

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Cleaning the head too much will fill up the ink trash can ... I lost one epson printer when that happened.
Try printing one really slow (in the options) ... and see if that improves things.
Maybe the cartridge can't get enough air for high speed.

Lockeyp

Ean
I have purged the system cleaning the Jets, I even left it over night to make sure that it would clear.
Where about would the printer speed settings be on my printer?

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
In the settings .... Helped me on refill cartridges.

Attachments

Lockeyp

Ean
I have just received the message from the printer saying 'A printer's ink pad is at the end of service life please contact Epson Support: What does this really mean?

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I would not turn the printer on ... Until I got help from Epson.
That happened to me ... While I was looking for help and waiting for the pad and can to arrive, The printer firmware shut me down.
The fix was a new printer and do not use the software clean again.

I'm now using the cartridge refills, not Epsons.
The re-fillers are using new chips, they work in my XP640

Lockeyp

Ean
Hi Jay I have come across a couple of youtube vids explaining what I must do, so I am going to attempt repairing it myself.
I got in touch with Epson they said that the printer was gone, their solution was to buy another one: I'm thinking if I change the pads and reset the printer back to 0000 I'll be ready to go .......I hope but you never know if you don't give it a go.
I am expecting the pads next week, so I'll keep you all informed of my success/failure.
The link that I use to get the pads and the Rest Key is:
http://www.octoink.co.uk
They also sell 'ink potties' for external printers.

Last edited:

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Good Luck ... I hope all goes OK.
With my experience , I'd suggest to NOT run the printer till you get the trash can/pads replaced.

Lockeyp

Ean
I don't intend to. I'm going to wait until the pads arrive and take my time and rewatch the videos before attempting to do the job at hand. This is too important for me to make a mistake.
I will keep you informed of progress.

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Since my Epson Issues .... I don't Clean anymore or Order cartridges too far ahead ahead.
I store any new Cartridges "top side" ... up, as positioned in the printer.
To clean or check the printer ... I print the attached CMYK (Large or small)

Since HP quit Quit making a Printer that can Print on CD/DVDs ..
I use my Epson to print on CD/DVDs .. And I don't want to go looking for another brand that can.

In an HP, the print head is in the cartridge (or used to be) ???

Attachments

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online