printer problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jb7

I would like to know how to get the pages numbered when printing material off the web. I have a HP 697C & running Windows 95.

thanks in advance

You did not state what browser you were using, but here are the instructions for IE 6.0 (found by using "Help", "context and Indexes" and typing "page number" in the index search:

To change how a Web page looks when it prints

On the File menu, click Page Setup.
In the Margins boxes, type the margin measurements in inches.
Under Orientation, click either Portrait or Landscape to specify whether you want the page printed vertically or horizontally.
In the Header and Footer boxes, specify the information to be printed by using the following variables. Variables can be combined with text (for example, Page &p of &P).
To print this Type this
Window title &w
Page address (URL) &u
Date in short format (as specified by Regional Settings in Control Panel) &d
Date in long format (as specified by Regional Settings in Control Panel) &D
Time in the format specified by Regional Settings in Control Panel &t
Time in 24-hour format &T
Current page number &p
Total number of pages &P
Right-aligned text (following &b) &b
Centered text (between &b&b) &b&b
A single ampersand (&) &&

jb7

I am using IE 6 & now it works.
Thank you wausau99 for your help.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online