1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Printer Problems.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JustSomeGuy1, Jul 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JustSomeGuy1

JustSomeGuy1 Thread Starter

I have an HP 1350 all-in-one printer and just out of the blue it hasn't been printing properly. I bought new printer cartridges what did not fix it. I seem to be getting a ghosting effect I'm not sure how to explain but I scanned some prints. Hope someone can help.

Attached Files:

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Aside from cleaning the glass....can you see anything built up under the glass?

Is it still under warranty?

EDIT: if you are printing from the computer instead of copying, then I'd really think it was a hardware problem.

3. JustSomeGuy1

No there is nothing under the glass that how the picture actually looks but maybe not as grainy and no its not under warrenty anymore. I put up the self test report it still does that weird thing.

4. ~Candy~

Definitely a hardware problem then ;) I doubt repairable.

5. JustSomeGuy1

Thanks that winky smiley makes me feel oh so assured knowing i just threw another 200 hundred dollars on hp again, next time ill remember to buy the extended warrenty.

6. ~Candy~

The thing about printers now-a-days, is they are disposable items. Most often it's cheaper to buy a new one than to even replace the color and B&W cartridges :eek:

The all-in-ones aren't far behind. I have 2. An OJ G55 and G85. One has crap under the glass (how it got into a "SEALED" area is beyond me) so that when I scan, I have cute little roller pictures on the side :rolleyes: The other one, so far so good.

7. JustSomeGuy1

But like I barely had this for 2 years and barely used and it breaks, and then on the other hand I have a really old HP 812c which is I dunno a really long time and I never had one problem with that but it ran out of ink, ugh I might as well pull that one out of the closet and buy new ink for that. At least the scanner still works...:(

8. Lurker1

Lurker1

Yes it looks like a hardware problem. Try giving the printer a good cleaning. It might be dirt on the carage slides or the plastic strip it reads may be dirty or damaged. Check the carrage drive belt for a small piece of paper stuck to it also. I'm guessing carrage because the problem is in the same spot if you notice that the color head is a few inches over from the black head.. BOL

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/485190

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice