1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

printer problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GUSMAN, Dec 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GUSMAN

GUSMAN Thread Starter

Hi Guys, Sorry to bother you but I am really at the end of my tether here. I was having a few problems with my printer(Lexmark Z42) (the message I was getting is attached) so I uninstalled the driver and re installed it, and when I re booted I kept getting the message "Illegal operation "lexpps" has caused a fault" etc etc. So I restarted in safe mode and deleted the lexpps file.. Now when I try to print I keep getting the same message as I had in the first place, ie cannot communicate with the printer.

I have a usb cable which is connected so why does it think the printer is offline all the time ?

I have a really big college assignment to finish so any help would be appreciated.
    Thank you. Gus

Attached Files:

2. ezymony

ezymony

if you deleted the lexepps file that is the file for your printer i would uninstall the printer and do a fresh install or maybe try to get updated drivers for your printer at lexmarx

3. GUSMAN

GUSMAN Thread Starter

Hi Ez,
    I went to the website and downloaded the latest driver, but still get the error message below. when I try to use the printer it keeps telling me it is offline. One thing I noticed was that when I install, there is a choice of 3 ports, LPTn, File or Fax. I have it connected to the pc using the USB port, but there is no choice for Usb in the set up, so I chose LPTn. It was working fine till a few days ago, so I am a bit baffled.
    any help appreciated.
    Cheers, Gus

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62895

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice