1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Printer Problems

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Cat.Sanchez, Nov 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Cat.Sanchez

Cat.Sanchez Thread Starter

I had no idea under which topic I needed to post this under therefore I thought I would post it here.
    I've recently purchased the HP Deskjet F4180. I've tried installing it but each time it stops halfway through and tells me that I am missing a file. I'm not sure exactly what it is but I'll copy exactly what it keeps saying to me:

Issue: USBStor

Details and Guidance:

The file does not exist or is the incorrect version and is required for installation to continue. This file is part of Windows and is provided on the Windows installation CD.

File: usbstor.inf
    Version: 5.1.2600.0

I don't have the installation CD so my stepdad tried sending me his usbstor file for me to put on his computer but it is the exact same version as mine and is still not working. I have no idea what the problem is with it.
    Please someone help me. I am at my wits end with this.

2. peterh40

peterh40

First Name:
    Peter
  3. Cat.Sanchez

I really had high hopes for that but it came up with the same message again!

4. peterh40

peterh40

First Name:
    Peter
    BTW, did you install the drivers before attaching the printer or vice versa. Becuase sometimes Windows gets it wrong and installs the wrong drivers!

5. Cat.Sanchez

well actually now my printer is workng but i havent installed anything! i have the all-in-one printer. my printer and copier are both working but my scanner isnt so im assuming i still need to try and install it. but i read on the instructions for the installing the printer that i shouldnt plug the printer in first because it may cause errors so now i don't know if i've done the right thing or not.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!