printer program problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

spacemonkey

hi guys,

you lot are my last chance at getting this new prob sorted out.

I have a lexmark1100 all in one printer/scanner.

All worked well with no problems when i was running xp home. Now i have changed onto pro sp2 it wont work.The program cd, program from the web and the driver the tech person at lexmark gave me wont work.

The printer will print when i request it to but the scanner wont work. When i installed it from the disk with xp home all worked fine with a program called all in one. But this program is not there now, hence i cant scan. This program is like the brains of the machine and whatever i do it wont install it from any of the above sources. All the setups seem to just install the printer drivers and not the driver for printing or the program.

I have tried installing it in safe mode and the same happens.

Is there some kind of setting i am missing im realy stuck coz i need to use my scanner

Please Please help

Phil

Howdy folks...

spacemonkey...

If all else fails uninstall SP2 and reinstall the printer drivers ( been noticing there are several problems with SP2, and this could be one of them )...

spacemonkey

ive tried all that the link you gave me suggested but it still wont work does anyone have any other ideas?

spacemonkey

ok i have more details now

when i go into device manager and try to install the scanner drivers there it tell me

Data error (cycle redundancy check)

any one have any ideas or help

PLEASE

well it looks like you had some spyware on your system before you install SP2
there is all kind of problems when a system is upgrade to SP2 and the system is not clean download this program for me http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3155.html
let me check your log but make sure you close all programs before you run it

hi space,, here's how to run natcom's linked Hijack this tool......
ps. natcom , nice new funky avatar :D ]

It’s very important that you save the log to its own permanent folder on your hard drive, such as program files or My Documents/hjt,or you may loose the ability to undo any changes you make (not temporary files or the desktop- or you may loose the ability to undo any changes you make) so that it can create proper back-ups and be able to restore them if necessary.

Close all open windows and open Hijack This. Click “Scan”. When the scan is finished (it only takes a second), the scan button will change to “Save Log”. Click on “Save Log” and then save it to NotePad. Click on “Edit” – “Select all” – “copy” and then “paste” into the thread.

DO NOT FIX ANYTHING YET;- Await further analysis here.

spacemonkey

guys i didnt install sp2

it was pre installed on the xp pro disk

therefore i cant get rid of it

spacemonkey

nope no option to remove it in add remove so it must be embeded or summit which means im stuck.

Been on the phone to microsoft and they havent a clue why it wont work same as lexmark.

£70 i spent on it two weeks ago now it wont work im abit cheesed off to ay the least.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online