1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

printer re-installation

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by texascuda, Dec 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. texascuda

texascuda Thread Starter

Tried to install Hp Deskjet 932C printer, missing C:\Windows\Options\Cabs ,'DMCOLOR.DLL on the Windows 98 Second Edition cannot be found" & It cannot find C:\My Downloads\Soundcard driver. Can I download these somewhere? This is a mess!

2. angel

angel

Welcome to TSG!

Here ya go!
    <a href="http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/cposupport/swindex.pl?p=hpdeskjet919034&l=en&c=MicrosoftWindows98">HP Deskjet 932c printer drivers and downloads</a>

3. angel

angel

Whoa - wait a minute. I just reread your post. You're trying to install your printer driver and it's look for your sound card???

4. angel

angel

Ok, now I think I see where you were going - you listed 3 separate issues?
    Well, the link I provided above is your printer driver. What were you doing when you received the message about dmcolor.dll? Also, what are you doing or when do you get the message about "It cannot find C:\My Downloads\Soundcard driver" and what brand/model sound card?

5. slipe

slipe

For starters insert your Win98SE CD. Start>Run, type SFC and enter. Select the option to extract a file from your Windows CD and extract DMCOLOR.DLL to your computer.

If you donÂ’t know what sound card you have you can go to www.belarc.com and install their Advisor. It will interrogate your system and tell you all of the hardware and software installed. You can also right click My Computer>Properties>Device manager. Double left click on Sound, video and game controllers. That should tell you enough to get to the manufacturerÂ’s site to download the latest driver.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!