printer re-installation

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

texascuda

Tried to install Hp Deskjet 932C printer, missing C:\Windows\Options\Cabs ,'DMCOLOR.DLL on the Windows 98 Second Edition cannot be found" & It cannot find C:\My Downloads\Soundcard driver. Can I download these somewhere? This is a mess!

Welcome to TSG!

Here ya go!
<a href="http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/cposupport/swindex.pl?p=hpdeskjet919034&l=en&c=MicrosoftWindows98">HP Deskjet 932c printer drivers and downloads</a>

Whoa - wait a minute. I just reread your post. You're trying to install your printer driver and it's look for your sound card???

Ok, now I think I see where you were going - you listed 3 separate issues?
Well, the link I provided above is your printer driver. What were you doing when you received the message about dmcolor.dll? Also, what are you doing or when do you get the message about "It cannot find C:\My Downloads\Soundcard driver" and what brand/model sound card?

For starters insert your Win98SE CD. Start>Run, type SFC and enter. Select the option to extract a file from your Windows CD and extract DMCOLOR.DLL to your computer.

If you don’t know what sound card you have you can go to www.belarc.com and install their Advisor. It will interrogate your system and tell you all of the hardware and software installed. You can also right click My Computer>Properties>Device manager. Double left click on Sound, video and game controllers. That should tell you enough to get to the manufacturer’s site to download the latest driver.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online