1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

printer recommendation

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by okeee, Nov 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. okeee

okeee Thread Starter

im looking for a nice, small, cheap printer just for basic printing.
    - colour print
    - a4 format paper
    - it doesnt have to print fast
    - double sided print would be nice, if its not too expensive

can you recommend some printers, or some type of printers, and also what should i consider when buying a printer? what are the details i should examine?

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    for basic printing theres a huge choice of machine , it probably comes down to the cost of replacement ink - getting a machine which has separate colour cartridges is often a cheaper alternative
    do you want the machine to automatically double print or are you happy to turn the pages over and re-print the 2nd side

Kodak boast the cheapest ink usage on UK advertising, although I have seen quite a few issues on the machines with paper jams and not working, however, in those cases Kodak replaced the printer as they where under warranty

have a look at Canon they often have separate ink cartridges on there machines and the more expensive HPs , also look at the cost to replace the ink in your country

3. okeee

okeee Thread Starter

i forgot to mention this:

i want to print mainly a4 format paper.
    i want to print about 5 pages every month, so i dont use it much
    output doenst have to be waterproof
    i want to print mainly text files
    i want to print from 1 pc
    printer should be small, and cost about 110 euro.

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    any printer would meet that requirement - it will simply come down to the cost of replacement inks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1027841

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice