Printer says finished before job is done

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Alex Ethridge

Using Windows 2000 w/SP4 and HP OfficeJet L7480 AIO printer.

I guess the hardware forum is as good a place as any as I think this could be a driver issue.

I gave this printer a three page text-and-graphics job with color and set it to print 96 copies. First, it printed about 27 pages and stopped about two-thirds of the way down page three of the 27th copy and just quit and displayed "READY" on its LCD panel, as though it is ready for the next job. I checked the print queue and it is empty.

I set it to print the remaining 69 and it quit after 21 copies with the same result as above.

I set it to print the remaining 48 and it did 17 and quit again with the same result as above.

I set it to do the remaining 31 and it quit again after 4

I set it to do the remaining 21 and it printed the remainder.

A few minutes ago, I gave it a two page document and set it to print 102 copies. It has now stopped at about 60. Its LCD panel says "READY", as though everything is normal and it's ready for the next job.

Any suggestions?

I downloaded the latest driver and the printer is new out of the box today and has plenty of ink.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts