1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Printer/Scanner prob

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by Fagin, Nov 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fagin

Fagin Guest Thread Starter

Hi everyone, i am having a problem with a Brother MFC 490 CW on a Windows 7 computer, or rather my sister is, its a wireless, printer, scanner fax type, everything works ok except the scanner.

I was wondering if it needed a special driver, so i have downloaded a new drive from the brother site, and also a removal tool, to remove the old driver before installing the new one. But when i double click on the removal icon, it goes through the procedure of unpacking, which i think means that the program was compressed, but then nothing happens, i expected an interface to come with some facility to remove the old driver, but there is nothing at all.

Could anyone pleas tell me, if it is possible that the program has deleted the old driver automatically? Thanks.

I tried to download the TSG sysinfo, but that wont work either, i get an error message saying, error in opening file.

2. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

It has probably unpacked it to your temporary folder and is expecting you to go there and find and run the program.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!