1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Printer server software, (just need something that makes lists.)

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Sealclubber, Jun 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Sealclubber

Sealclubber Thread Starter

Hey guys, i have a win2k Domain controller set up as a Print Server, but i need abit of information.

My boss wants me to create a list of all things printed, such as the size, whom printed it, to what printer and the name of the document.

Well, its easy enough to make a spare Event log in event viewer and set it up to only record print events, but problem is, when i export the list to a TXT to print it, i only get the basic stuff, i don't get what i need which is the discription. Which can be found by dbl clicking on one of the print events.

Now i'm wondering if there is a program out there that would just make my life alot easyer, something that would print out nice little reports for my allpowerful boss.

Also, while i'm at it i'll post the rest of my wishlist.

I need a program that can record all the websites visited on the network and that could make a nice little list very similar to the print server list.

If anyone could give me a hand i'd really appreteate it.

2. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

3. Sealclubber

Sealclubber Thread Starter

Thanks alot.

Now, any ideas on the other wish list of software?

4. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

You would need a proxy server to do that. Squid comes to mind.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/369383