Printer Set Up

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gorper99

I have a new laptop with win 8.1,a desktop with win 7 and a HP printer..Desktop and printer are downstairs and Laptop is upstairs.How do I set it up to print something from the laptop to printer which is downstairs?Have NetGear wireless for laptop.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
What's the model name and model number of that HP printer?

What's the part/product number(P/N) on it?

Does it have wireless capability?

-------------------------------------------------------------

davehc

David
Retired Trusted Advisor
I assume you can use the printer from the desktop.
If so, the quickest way I have found is to set up the homegroup on both computers, and, in the homegroup setup, give permission on the stationary, in the "Advanced sharing" options ("Turn on file and printer sharing") You will have to serach for the printer, initially, in the Control Pane - Devices and Printers. ("Add" a printer)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online