Printer sharing access denie Windows Vista to XP Printer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ed8martinez

Hello there,

My name is Ed.. I have a Widnows XP with my HP Color Laserjet printer connected, which is Share on my Network Workgroup.

I also have new Vista Computer, I've got the Vista connected to the Share Printe from XP, but, once, I shutdown and restart my Vista computer I loose the printer share connection to my Windows XP/Hp color laserjet printer. I try to access the printer from my Vista it said access denied.. I have to delete the printe and locally again reconnect the printer.

I thank you in advanced for your help with this dilema.

Regards

Share is checked on both compuers? And the Printer name is identical? When it goes bye-bye -- can you find it by searching for the printer name

Are you using identical User Names for both accounts?
In Vista > Network Sharing is "network discovery" checked?

ed8martinez

will check network center today... sorry for the late response.. quite busy with my boys 8 & 7 Football first year playing over the weekend - better that HD. I will do a check list today...

please accept my apologies, it wasn't my intention to have two identical thread, I though I made a mistake in one didn't know how to deleted..

I thank you all for your support..

Regards

Are you setting up the printer connection by ip address? It is the best way.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online