1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Printer sharing over a network.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by FHT3260, Oct 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. FHT3260

FHT3260 Thread Starter

Hey everyone my first ever topic so im hoping someone can help me out. Righto I have followed all the steps for sharing a printer I have changed both of the Networks to MSHOME and set them to private I have enabled sharing on both the pc and laptop. My laptop is picking up My Dell Inkjet 922 series and it has the same sharing name and such. When i click print a test page I get this error message. Is there anybody please who can help me out!

For some reason the picture isnt showing up so if you click the link you should see it.
    http://img72.imageshack.us/my.php?image=errormessagenl3.jpg

[​IMG]

2. Severcool

Severcool

Make sure you share the printer itself....

On the PC that the printer is physically connected to: go to Printers and Faxes, rt. click on printer and select Sharing...
    Share the printer.

Then on the other PC delete what you have in Printers and Faxes then try to connect by browsing to the shared printer....

3. FHT3260

FHT3260 Thread Starter

Already tried that mate it shows up on my laptop and everything it but when i click print test page i get that error.

4. Severcool

Severcool

OK - so let me get this straight. You have a home network (a workgroup named MSHOME) and the printer is installed on the PC and connected via a USB cable...or is this a wireless network and the printer is connected to a wireless router?

5. FHT3260

FHT3260 Thread Starter

Yes i have a network called MSHOME and the printer is on my pc with usb cable. But i have a wireless router but the printer is not connected to router.

6. Severcool

Severcool

So the laptop is connecting to the pc wirelessly or wired?

7. FHT3260

FHT3260 Thread Starter

Wirelessly

8. Severcool

Severcool

OK........I can't seem to see your error message anymore....what did it say again?

9. FHT3260

FHT3260 Thread Starter

Oooo neither can I link not working ermm it said. Incorrect port detected, The printer is designed to work with usb cables only the current software is not set to a usb port but it is cos i double checked.

10. Severcool

Severcool

OK....this is a stretch but do you have USB legacy support turned on in your BIOS?

11. FHT3260

FHT3260 Thread Starter

Ok no idea what that is im afraid:p

12. Severcool

Severcool

Which part? BIOS or USB legacy support?

13. FHT3260

FHT3260 Thread Starter

14. Severcool

Severcool

Hey MODERATORS!!! I think this forum needs an Instant Messaging capabilities.

15. Severcool

Severcool

OK.....what make and model is your laptop?

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755753

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice