Printer Sharing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

F-EMDE

I have 2 puters connected through a Ethernet Hub (EN104). I can go to Network Neighborhood and share files with no problem (as soon as I turn off Zone Alarm). I have not been able to share printers. The help file said " click on Network Neighborhood, then click on the puter with the printer you want to use, then click on the printer icon" thats the rub, I don't see a printer icon !!!!
Fred

First, on the computer that has the printer, right-click on Network Neighborhood, click File and Print Sharing and confirm there is a check mark next to 'I want to be able to allow others to print to my printers.' Then go to Start>Settings>Printers, right-click on the printer you would like to share and choose Sharing.

F-EMDE

Angel:
When I "right click" Network neighborhood I get:
Open
Explore
Browse with Paint Shop Pro
Find Computer
Create Shortcut
Rename

Also nothing under: Start - Setttings - Printers, about sharing.
I am sure it is something simple that I am not doing, because they share files fine.
Fred

PS: How do you insert the picture under your name on the post

Sorry! You have to choose Properties when right-clicking on Network Neighborhood and you will see the File and Print Sharing button on the first tab.

F-EMDE

Angel:

That did it !!! I new it was something I was overlooking. Thank you very much.
Fred

in regard to your p.s. pictures go to random discussions section, thread called rambling discussions somewhere around page 20 i think you'll find what your looking for, i could explain but i'm lazy hah!! a word of warning before you venture into the great abyss it gets addictive!?!?!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online