1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Printer Sharing

Discussion in 'Networking' started by F-EMDE, Nov 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. F-EMDE

F-EMDE Thread Starter

I have 2 puters connected through a Ethernet Hub (EN104). I can go to Network Neighborhood and share files with no problem (as soon as I turn off Zone Alarm). I have not been able to share printers. The help file said " click on Network Neighborhood, then click on the puter with the printer you want to use, then click on the printer icon" thats the rub, I don't see a printer icon !!!!
    Fred

2. angel

angel

First, on the computer that has the printer, right-click on Network Neighborhood, click File and Print Sharing and confirm there is a check mark next to 'I want to be able to allow others to print to my printers.' Then go to Start>Settings>Printers, right-click on the printer you would like to share and choose Sharing.

3. F-EMDE

F-EMDE Thread Starter

Angel:
    When I "right click" Network neighborhood I get:
    Open
    Explore
    Browse with Paint Shop Pro
    Find Computer
    Create Shortcut
    Rename

Also nothing under: Start - Setttings - Printers, about sharing.
    I am sure it is something simple that I am not doing, because they share files fine.
    Fred

PS: How do you insert the picture under your name on the post

4. angel

angel

Sorry! You have to choose Properties when right-clicking on Network Neighborhood and you will see the File and Print Sharing button on the first tab.

5. F-EMDE

F-EMDE Thread Starter

Angel:

That did it !!! I new it was something I was overlooking. Thank you very much.
    Fred

6. jimi

jimi

in regard to your p.s. pictures go to random discussions section, thread called rambling discussions somewhere around page 20 i think you'll find what your looking for, i could explain but i'm lazy hah!! a word of warning before you venture into the great abyss it gets addictive!?!?!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59817

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice