1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Printer showing error and does not print.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dougglos, Apr 11, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. dougglos

dougglos Thread Starter

First Name:
    Douglas
    I have been using a Canon Pixma MG3250 printer for a couple of years now, without problems. But in the last few days I keep receiving the following error message:- "Paper has run out", followed by the usual instructions about making sure the paper is loaded correctly, etc., which it certainly is. Then I am advised to press the printer Start button. None of this has any effect, and the printer keeps flashing "E" for error, with no further progress. I have not made any material changes to my printing routines, so am at a loss to understand why this is happening , or how to correct it. Any thoughts would be welcomed.

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
  3. dougglos

dougglos Thread Starter

First Name:
    Douglas
    The error message on my printer only shows "The paper has run out" but this produces "No results" in the "Error Codes & Messages" section.. However, today I have attempted to print about ten of my saved documents in Word, and each has printed successfully! But there was a new document template that I raised recently (as a personal letterhead) that did not print but showed the error message. I have deleted that and then continued to print various basic documents, again perfectly satisfactorily! Don't understand why that template would have caused the trouble, but at least at present printing is functioning correctly.

4. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    I've not used custom created templates, but possibly it was configured to use a non-standard paper size?

5. dougglos

dougglos Thread Starter

First Name:
    Douglas
    No, I have only ever used A4 (210 x 297mm) size paper. And so far my printer is behaving itself again, so fingers crossed!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1225696

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice