Printer skips spreadsheet lines

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Harry32

George
When printing Excel spreadsheets on my HP Officejet 5740 in Draft mode, many horizontal lines fail to print. If I switch to Normal mode, all lines print. I prefer Draft mode for faster printing and to save ink. My 2-month-old Officejet 5740 replaced an Officejet 4500 on which I never had this problem. Any idea what's wrong and how I can fix it? Thanks.

Harry32

George
They are borders, but only the horizontal ones. Vertical borders print OK.

Likely the draft on this new printer is lighter and smaller than the old one. You'll find that if you make the borders wider it will show.

Harry32

George
By "wider" I assume you mean a heavier-weight line. That's possible In MS Word, where line width in tables can be adjusted by fractions of a point. But I don't see a similar capability in Excel. Various line styles are offered on a pull-down menu, but not line widths. If you know of a way to vary Excel line widths without changing the line style, I'd sure like to know how.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online