1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Printer skips spreadsheet lines

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Harry32, Feb 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Harry32

Harry32 Thread Starter

When printing Excel spreadsheets on my HP Officejet 5740 in Draft mode, many horizontal lines fail to print. If I switch to Normal mode, all lines print. I prefer Draft mode for faster printing and to save ink. My 2-month-old Officejet 5740 replaced an Officejet 4500 on which I never had this problem. Any idea what's wrong and how I can fix it? Thanks.

2. TreyDawgMT

TreyDawgMT

Are these lines really borders? So the line bordering a cell, or are they "lines" of text?

3. Harry32

Harry32 Thread Starter

They are borders, but only the horizontal ones. Vertical borders print OK.

4. TreyDawgMT

TreyDawgMT

Likely the draft on this new printer is lighter and smaller than the old one. You'll find that if you make the borders wider it will show.

5. Harry32

Harry32 Thread Starter

By "wider" I assume you mean a heavier-weight line. That's possible In MS Word, where line width in tables can be adjusted by fractions of a point. But I don't see a similar capability in Excel. Various line styles are offered on a pull-down menu, but not line widths. If you know of a way to vary Excel line widths without changing the line style, I'd sure like to know how.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1142915

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice