1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Printer test page half printed

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by simkin2312, Mar 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. simkin2312

simkin2312 Thread Starter

Hi all

I have a HP officejet v45, which has had new hp cartridges installed recently. Alignment page printed and aligned. Colours on tis page where as normal. After this I could only print about 30% of a page going across the page. Tried printing test page which again only printed about 30% of normal. Have uninstalled printed removed drivers and software via ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS in Control Panel.

Have used both the installation disc and a downloaded set of drivers and software from the HP website to reinastall the drivers to no avail.

I need the printer to print off CV's for an interview for a new job over the next few days.

HELP please........

Tahnks for any help on this matter. I am using XP SP3, recent updated via microsoft website.

2. Sponsor

3. Hughv

Hughv

See what paper size is selected.

4. simkin2312

A4 is selected and used. margins are for top, bottom, left and right is 1.5cms. The paper format is correct otherwise the printing would have gone onto a continuation page.

5. Rich-M

Rich-M

On most printers it should be "Letter" not A4.

6. Hughv

Hughv

"CVs". This guy is a furriner.

7. simkin2312

Ok, the letter size has always been a4 cos that is the size of paper that i use. Please remember that I have previously stated that if the paper size or margins were incorrect then the print would continue onto the NEXT sheet. and you cannot (to my knowledge) adjust the margins of paper format to a TEST PAGE. The last line on the test pages being printed are missing the bottom half. Therefore you can see the tops of the letters but not the bottom half. I should just say that a friend of mine also has the same problem on her Lexmark printer?? Has there been a faulty OS update which is causing the problem??

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/907272