1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Printer Trouble--Print Spooler, etc.....

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Titanz, Sep 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Titanz

Titanz Thread Starter

I have Windows XP and a Cannon S330 Printer. Everytime I try to Print a document or test page I get an error message saying
    "Front cover was opened afer last printing job and one of the cartridges may have been replaced."

Then it asks me if I know if I replaced a cartridge click YES or if not sure or no click NO, now before I can click anything the window freezes and says Not Responding so I have to End Task to ge it away.

It also says that it can't show me any properties because the Print Spooler service is not running. When I got to Control Panel --> Administrative Tools --> Services. I see that the Spool service is turned off so I turn it back on

Then everytime I try to reprint and get the same message as before I got back to Services and check the Spooler Service it is turned off again.

ANY HELP IS APPRIECIATED.

2. FrankToronto

FrankToronto

From the printers window, delete all the printers installed on your machine (even ones other than the Canon). Delete the contents of the c:\winnt\system32\spool folder. Unplug your printer, reboot. After having booted into windows once with no printer, shut off the machine, plug in the printer. Contact the manufacturer and ask them how to reset the factory default settings on the printer (Most printers have this "reset" feature, done with some buttons pushes on the printer itself). Boot up the machine, and see if it detects your printer. If not, go onto the manufacturers website, download the latest drivers and install manually.

Hope this helps...

Frank

3. Spyd

Spyd

I suggest to try first upgrading the drivers. If this fails, try the other things that says FrankToronto.

4. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Take the ink cartridges out and reinstall them........while you have them out, check the ink levels......

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/163424

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice