1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Printer will not print...

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by telekiss, Nov 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. telekiss

telekiss Thread Starter

You have prolly had this question before, so I ask your patience if you have. We have an HP 722c printer...it used to work with XP. but since we had the comp serviced it no longer does so. I have tried to download drivers from HP but this has not worked...any suggestions would be welcome to remedy this situation...a new printer is out of the question...and we still have windows 2000 and 98 and 95 lying around to reconfigure the comp if we need to, but then I will need advice on how to do this properly...thank you in advance for any and all help.

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

You state that you "tried to download drivers from HP but this has not worked"

Can you explain?

Could you not download them?

If you did download them, you need to install them (usually by double clicking on the downloaded exe file).

Did you do this?

3. IcMoreInU

IcMoreInU

4. IcMoreInU

IcMoreInU

Hello
    I have the same OS, printer, and the same problem. I went to the HP site and tried to download a copy (up dated) of the Driver, but the site replied that I already had the most up to date driver already. And would not download a copy.
    I also went to regedit (as instructed by a friend) and allowed "permission" to all users so that i could uninstall all copies of the driver. However after doing this I was STILL unsucessful in installing a new driver.
    i should probably mention that i originally (after installing the driver from the disk and from the Win XP) got a message stating that install could not be completed and that this copy was Not compatable?
    Any help would be great!
    THANK YOU

5. telekiss

telekiss Thread Starter

...I did all of the above that you mentioned Kiwi, however failure was still my friend. I now have a perfectly servicible printer that won't work with xp. My frustration grows, since I can clearly see available options at both the Microsoft and HP sites, yet I am thwarted from using them.

6. niko20

niko20

Give this a shot, it caused problems with HP printers in NT4.0...

1. Right Click on "My Computer", choose "Properties"
    2. Select the "Advanced" tab
    3. Click the "Environment Variables" button
    4. Look thru the System environment variables.
    5. Change the "TEMP" variable to point to "C:\TEMP" (make a C:\TEMP folder if necessary)
    6. click OK, OK again to exit.

See if that changes behavior at all.

-niko

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!