1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Printer will not print

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by gemini1, Feb 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gemini1

gemini1 Thread Starter

Hi my hp psc 1100 series printer will not print, the scanner works, the copier works, but the printer will not print anything not even a test page, i keep getting this message, {SYSTEM ERROR DOCUMENT FAILED TO PRINT DUE TO A SYSTEM ERROR}, I am using Windows XP SP2 Media Centre Edition, the strange thing is the printer works perfectky on my other computer which is Windows ME edition can anyone please help. Thanks:(

2. srhoades

srhoades

Probably just HP and their crappy software. Uninstall it through the add/remove programs pop your disc is and reinstall it.

3. gemini1

gemini1 Thread Starter

i have uninstalled and reinstalled several times the problem is still there

4. srhoades

srhoades

go to start >run > services.msc and restart the print spooler service.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!