printer wont communicate with computer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

curryjshawn

I have the Lexmark x125 4in 1. the printer might print part of the first page for that day then it will not print any more for that day. Everything is plugged in correctly and I have installed the driver and checked my settings. After the little screen that pops up and shows how much of the print job it has downloaded it stops before the line can get appx. 1/8 of the way. Please help me. Oh, I also tried to set the compet on MSCONFG on the run sec. and enter selective startup and restarted the com. and that did nothing either.

1) what os
2) how is it connected (usb or parallel)
3) did it just start or has it always done this
4) if it just started...what did you change (install program, etc) before it started.

5)any error messages?

curryjshawn

The port is a USB
The Errror message is reading cannot write to computer due to unknown system error.
This has done thissince I've first installed the program and shut down and reinstalled the program more than once. I also went into utilities and set it up from there and still nothing.

Rache

Banned
I've got 2 lexmarks, i3 and z43. Their drivers can go wonky sometimes. Try unplugging printer and uninstalling via software uninstall., then use search for any residue files for lexmark and delete. Reboot and turn off all b/g progs except syst tray and explorer and install software, plug in, then reboot.

Installed an x85 lexmark for a friend everything worked fine until i went to msconfig and stopped some of the lexmark programs from loading at startup then it would not work kept saying printer not communicating with computer. I had to let all of it load up before it would work.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online