1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Printer won't print in DOS

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by froman, Jun 1, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. froman

froman Thread Starter

I have a software program that I run in MS-DOS mode. It used to be on an HP Brio. It printed fine. Well the Dept. Bought a new Compaq deskpro. When you go out to Dos Mode(Start-Shutdown in MS DOS Mode) and try to print the machine will lock and all you can do is power off the machine.

Here is extra info
    It will print if I use F8 and use Command Prompt Only.
    It will print using dir >>lpt1 in a Dos Prompt window
    It will not Print in MS DOS mode using dir >>lpt1(pc will lock)
    I have updated the Bios on Compaq's request. They have been of no help. Kept pawning me off saying its not a problem we would have in our database.

Thank you to anyone who might have suggestions

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/45123

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice