1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Printer won't print!

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by driftwood101, Sep 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. driftwood101

driftwood101 Thread Starter

Just hooked up my HP 1510 All-in-One Series printer and unable to print from internet and computer. Followed all instructions and it keeps telling me everything is OK when I troubleshoot, sigh!!! Any advice would be appreciated at this point. Thanks...:( [email addr. removed by mod]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2015
  2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I removed your email address. Have you really been a member for eleven years and don't yet know that we only help publicly and that posting your address like that is a spam magnet?

You can use the all-in-one to copy, so you know that there is nothing wrong with the printer itself?

3. driftwood101

Sorry about the email address as it must of been a senior moment! My printer is brand new and its just out of the box but will not copy, print or scan period.

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Contact HP. I recommend by their online Chat. They'll have you plug it directly into a wall outlet (in case you are using a defective surge protector or power strip) and run it through a couple things. Unless that gets it working they'll start the warranty replacement process.

5. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Is this several years old model your printer?

HP PSC 1510 All-in-One Printer

If it's not, advise the exact part/product number(P/N) on yours.

-------------------------------------------------------------

6. driftwood101

I am able to scan after reinstalling the printer, but still unable to print. It did however printed one time on the initial install, but nothing since.

7. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    If you can't copy (or print a test or status page just with the printer controls) it's a waste of time to connect it to a computer.

8. driftwood101

I certainly think someone has an attitude and that I wasted my time even coming here only to be chastised!

9. valis

valis Moderator

No chastising, he is just saying that there is a big problem with the printer.

FWIW, I had huge issues with HP all in ones in the past. Enough to the point where I switched to Epson. They wanted me to run it without AV protection, for instance.

But yeah, Terry was also spot on in that you should call HP tech support. They will walk you through it, and will spot any issues far faster than we can.

thanks,

v

10. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    driftwood101:

You never replied to post #5.
    If that is indeed your printer, the "Troubleshooting" and "How to" sections may be helpful to you.

I've used HP all-in-one printers for several years and have been happy with most of them.
    I currently have 2 HP Deskjet 2540 series all-in-ones.

---------------------------------------------------------------

11. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I'm on my 3rd HP All-in-One. The second was DOA (wouldn't print). Thirty minutes with HP's online chat support and I had my RMA; a couple days later I had a replacement with instructions on returning the defective one.

I've been involved with a number of printers (mostly mine) that would not print standalone. When they did not print standalone they also did not print connected to a computer but it was more difficult to impossible to see why they failed to print when working from the computer.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!