Solved Printer Won't Print

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
D

Deleted member 864885

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7400 CPU @ 3.00GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 9
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 12196 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 630, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 918 GB (813 GB Free);
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 07KY25
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

Message when I try to print:

Lexmark 8300 Series - USB Port
Communication Not Available
The printer cannot communicate with the computer.
Try these solutions:
  • Ensure the printer is powered on. -- it is
  • Disconnect and reconnect the printer's power cable. -- I did
  • Disconnect and reconnect the USB cable. -- I did
  • Check your Firewall settings to ensure printer communication is not blocked. I don't know who to do that!
  • Restart your computer. -- I did that after the disconnects and reconnects.
I had no problems with my printer until after the last Microsoft Windows 10 update.

In older versions of Windows I was able to fix this problem but now in Windows 10 I cannot.

I wasn't sure if I should post this under Windows 10 or here under hardware.

I need help! :)

Attachments

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I'd recommend unplugging the USB cord from the PC, uninstalling the drivers completely, rebooting, and then going through the installation process again (plugging in the USB cable when prompted).

D

Deleted member 864885

I'd recommend unplugging the USB cord from the PC, uninstalling the drivers completely, rebooting, and then going through the installation process again (plugging in the USB cable when prompted).
Thanks, I'll give it a try!

D

Deleted member 864885

Your directions worked! I'll remember them for the next time! :) Thanks!!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online