1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Printer won't print!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by avina612, Nov 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. avina612

avina612 Thread Starter

I have an HP PSC 2110v all in one printer that all of the suddent will not print jobs. I do get a print out of the Menu Report but cannot print from Notebook or the c prompt. Everytime I press print, the computer sounds like it's getting ready, but nothing comes out. When I press print several times and open the printer details window, under status, it says "printing" then changes to "deleting print job". What could be going on? Obviously the power is on, and everything seems to be connected to the computer properly. I do have low link, but I have totally ran out of ink in the past and have never come across this problem. Please help me...thanks for your time!!! :eek:

2. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    could be that you need to reinstall the printer drivers. I seem to have this problem frequently when I use HP printers for some reason.

3. avina612

avina612 Thread Starter

How would I do that? Since I've never had this problem I'm not sure how to do that. I've had the printer for several years. Thanks!

4. avina612

avina612 Thread Starter

Bump...I neep help figuring this out. Thanks!!!

5. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    you would go into device manager and delete the printer if it is listed. Then go to add remove programs and remove all program taht is listed that deals with the printer. Shut the computer down. Disconnect the printer from the computer. Insert the printer software disc int the Cdrom (it should autorun from there) If not go to my computer and double click on the icon for your cd and it will open the install program for he Printer software. As this progresses do not connect the printer until the software tells you to do so or that it is safe to connect the printer.

6. avina612

avina612 Thread Starter

I did all that and now I can print...but now I can't scan. I get message error "turn on connection or install HP software, press enter to continue." I have tried to uninstall/reinstall several times. My scanner worked before. If I have posted this in the wrong place, please direct me in the right direction. Thanks!

7. wacor

wacor Banned

what make is your scanner and printer? I had a deuce of a time a while back with trying to get my HP printer and HP scanner to cooperate. Now with a reinstalled XP my printer all of a sudden does not work and have been unable to figure out why. good luck

8. avina612

avina612 Thread Starter

HP PSC 2110v all in one...I just had to do a system restore several days ago. Do you think that's the problem??!!

9. wacor

wacor Banned

don't think i can help you. i had a separate printer and scanner. Did you try going to the HP site? I think they have some diagnostic stuff. And you could check to see if the driver is up to date etc. Looking at other posts in the hardware maybe you might want to unplug the unit and then uninstall the software. Then reinstall the software and then plug in the unit?

good luck

10. wacor

wacor Banned

were you getting any messages like print spooler not on or RPC server unavailable?

if so your spooler could be turned off. go into computer management and look under services to find out. if it is then you need to turn it on. i can try to talk you thru that i think.

11. avina612

avina612 Thread Starter

No messages about print spooler or server, just "turn on connection or install HP software, press enter to continue". No messages on my computer screen...just on the printer panel.

12. bigbear

bigbear

Are you using XP? if so try using start>programs>accessories>scanner and camera wizard, I found this to work with my HP scanner as the software it came bundle with would not work with XP

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/417200

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice