1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Printer won't print

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by dojemi, Oct 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dojemi

dojemi Thread Starter

My Sony Vios laptop (Windows XP) recently got a virus. A Geek Squad member at Best Buy brought it back to day one. It was working fine but rather slow so I upgraded to IE8 (from 7). Much faster now, however, now my HP 2410 sci printer will not print, but it will copy. I uninstalled the printer and then (tried to) reinstalled it and I keep getting his error message:

E:\Setup\hpzgqt01.exe.-gatecue-runhpzmsi01.exe -m memories disc -1 ENU -f c:\WINDOWS\hpoins03.dat-Validate No

A window pops up that says:

Error opening installation log file. Verify that the specified log file location exists and than you can write to it. There's an OK button to press, and I did but then (if I remember correctly) there was a window instructing me to uninstall. I did.

I am totally computer illeratate when it comes to these things and have no idea what all that means. I have no idea what a log file is or where to find out if it exists.............or what to do when it's found.

I did not try to print anything when it was still IE7 so I don't know if it was still working at that time but I'm wondering if upgrading to IE8 has anything to do with this problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

2. DerekC

DerekC

If you are using a cd to install from, then I would suggest downloading the driver from HP's website. Click Here for a link. The link is for the PSC 2410, I don't beleive that they have a 2410 SCI.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/954159

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice