Printer won't scan

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jhuggins619

Hello,

I have a HP 4500 510n-z wireless printer that won't scan. It keeps saying NO SCAN OPTION CHECK Device documentation. I have I tried reinstalling the drivers and it still won't work. I was able to scan some papers before on my wife's computer but not on my. Can you please help

jhuggins619

I have Windows 7 Enterprise 32 bit and my wife has Windows Vista Home premium 32 bit. The printer is attached to both of our laptops.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I have Windows 7 Enterprise 32 bit and my wife has Windows Vista Home premium 32 bit. The printer is attached to both of our laptops.
What's the brand name and model name and model number of YOUR laptop?

How did Windows 7 Enterprise 32-bit get installed in it?

------------------------------------------------------------

plodr

Liz
The printer is attached to both of our laptops.
Does the printer have two ports? What sort of cable runs from the printer to each laptop (parallel, USB) or do you have the printer attached to a printer switch?

Or do you use one USB cord and keep unhooking from one computer and then attach it to the other?

jhuggins619

It is a Toshiba Satellite L305 S5944 and I have tried wireless and with a USB cable. I am able to connect to the printer find. I just can't scan.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
It is a Toshiba Satellite L305 S5944 and I have tried wireless and with a USB cable. I am able to connect to the printer find. I just can't scan.
Toshiba Satellite L305-S5944 (PSLB8U-0VN037) - originally came with Windows Vista Home Basic SP1 32-bit.

You still haven't advised how Windows 7 Enterprise 32-bit got installed in it.

You might consider downloading and running HP Print And Scan Doctor 4.6

Attachments

plodr

Liz
You have not answered how the printer is attached to two computers.

Please answer my questions asked in post #6.
1. Does the printer have two ports?
2. What sort of cable runs from the printer to each laptop (parallel, USB)?
3. Do you have the printer attached to a printer switch?
4. Do you use one USB cord and keep unhooking from one computer and then attach it to the other?

jhuggins619

1.The printer has four ports.
2. As stated in my previous post I have a USB cable that I have used and I have tried it wireless and it still doesn't scan.
3. No I do not have the printer attached to a printer switch.
4. I received Windows 7 enterprise from a resource of mind, why does it matter where I got it from?

TerryNet

Terry
4. I received Windows 7 enterprise from a resource of mind, why does it matter where I got it from?
Because we do not provide help for pirated software. Do you have any reason to suppose that you have a legit genuine Windows 7 Enterprise?

TerryNet

Terry
Liz, please wait until we feel that we are dealing with a genuine OS.

jhuggins619

Yes it is genuine, I had to put a product key in and everything. I got it from my work.

TerryNet

Terry
I got it from my work.
That's pretty unusual. Especially suspicious after your initial "a resource of mind." It, frankly, makes me suspicious that you have a friend in the IT department that provided it under the table.

Let me consult with some other mods and admins.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online