1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

printer won't work unless loaded first

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by grafx_canada, Dec 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grafx_canada

grafx_canada Thread Starter

I am running windows ME and have a xerox usb printer that won't work unless it loads before my external cd burner. If the cd burner loads first the printer bugs out and I have to re-install the drivers. If I turn off the external drive the printer works fine. Is there a way to force the printer to load first?

2. deuce

deuce

Are they both on the same USB root? Do you have 2 USB in the back and 2 in the front? You could try using the printer in the back and the burner in the front. (or which ever way) Since they are different root hubs then it seems to me it should work.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61980

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice