1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

printer xp

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by solexen, Jul 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. solexen

solexen Thread Starter

need help
    I have xp machine it does not recognize a new h/p printer i have but it does recognize
    the scanner which is part of it i have tried re-installing form h/p disc , down loading
    h/p drivers from h/p all to no effect . also it will not recognize an old printer cable not usb ,
    that i tried thank you
    any assistance would be appreciated yours solexen

2. unbidden

unbidden

It sounds like you are using a parallel port setup; are you sure you are using the drivers for parallel and not usb? If you have the correct dirvers installed try using the Install Printer Wizard and when prompted choose 'Have Disk' - navigate to C:\Program Files \ HP 'your printer' and install manually by choosing the folder with the proper drivers.

3. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

What model HP Printer are you trying to install?

4. solexen

solexen Thread Starter

thank you ozromle for your advise i will try that .(y)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/486879

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice