Printer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cnobama53

Office jet printer stopped copy ability, prints but doesn't copy. HP 'help' does not address. Reinstalled software, copy still won't function.

Oddba11

Jim
Does the manual copy button work? (ie: some models offer remote copy via software or local copy, with an actual copy button on the printer). If local copy doesn't work, there is a hardware fault.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
What's the exact serial number and product number on that HP OfficeJet?

---------------------------------------------------------------

cnobama53

Serial #: CN4378S05N; Product No: CZ155A

I am trying to understand your question about the 'manual copy button' working. I have never had a remote. I put a sheet that I want to copy on the glass, and close the lid. I press the first choice "Copy" on the printer control panel, then, when given the choice, I press "Black", and then, instead of copying, I get a message which "Starting Copy" with a little blue light that spins and spins around the HP logo on the control panel and it never stops. I have let it spin for as long as an hour just to check, no copy. I have to shut it down. What do you think?
Again: I AM ABLE to print from the computer (though the SCAN does not work now either.)
Thank you!

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Serial #: CN4378S05N; Product No: CZ155A
You have THIS HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One Printer - H711a/H711g.

Its "How to" and "Troubleshooting" sections should be helpful to you.

What Windows version and bit number is running in the computer that you're using that printer with?
Have you installed the full-feature software driver package for it?

--------------------------------------------------------------

Oddba11

Jim
That is what I was referring to, actually copying while at the machine.

I asked as you stated
Reinstalled software, copy still won't function.
. Software and drivers would only be necessary for performing a function from the computer. Neither would affect how the machine works from the front panel buttons. For that matter, it doesn't even need to be connected to a computer.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online