1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Printer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Britfellow, Oct 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Britfellow

Britfellow Thread Starter

Hello to the group,
    I have a Lexmark S 415 multi function printer / copier / scanner / fax machine, the machine is six years old but lightly used. The current problem is that when I select a document to print, the document goes to the queue, but does not print, the machine appears to select the copy mode, a sheet of paper is selected from the paper tray at the rear of the machine, the still blank sheet is passed through the machine and ejected at the rear. Normal printing ejects the paper from the front of the machine. After ejecting the sheet of paper the machine immediately gives a " paper jam " error, when there is no paper jam ???.

I have tried powering off, deleting and re -installing .... nothing worked.

Any and all help and advice will be much appreciated.

Thank you.

2. Oddba11

Oddba11 It's My Birthday!

First Name:
    Jim
  3. Britfellow

Thank you for your reply Oddba 11, I ran both of those test prints and they both were successful, now I'm really puzzled !.

Thank you again.

4. Oddba11

Oddba11 It's My Birthday!

First Name:
    Jim
    Which application are you attempting to print from? Have you tried another application?

If test prints are working, then the issue is likely with the app from which you are attempting to print.

For example, if Adobe is having the issue, but you can print from email and notepad, then it's an Adobe issue.

5. Britfellow

Thank you for your reply.
    I was able to open LibreOffice from my desk top icon , select a document and print successfully. When I open Google and try to print from any of the " favorites " sites I cannot print. I opened the e-mail notification from this site, highlighted it and attempted to print. I got a " print preview " showing the e-mail and but, in checking the printer queue, there was nothing showing.

Thanks again.

6. Britfellow

It appears that the printing problem is linked to Google ... I don't know why, but when I try printing from another browser there is no problem .... I'm not sufficiently proficient to be able to diagnose the problem with Google.
    Thank you to Oddball .

7. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Google is not a browser. Google is a search engine.

Are you stating that the Chrome browser has a problem but another browser doesn't?

8. Britfellow

Hello …. the icon that I use to open the browser is named Google Chrome, I assumed that Google was the browser.
    It appears that using Google Chrome I cannot print, but using Microsoft Edge , I can print … if that makes any sense ??.

9. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

First Name:
    Morten
    Have you tried to open Advanced settings in Chrome and checked that the correct printer is selected?

To open settings; Launch Chrome, click on the three vertical dots in the top right corner , select setting and go down to Advanced Settings, then to Printers.

10. Britfellow

Thank you, yes, I tried going that route, the correct printer is selected. When I open an e-mail …..Outlook …. I cannot print directly from that mail page, if I open the mail in another window …. I can print it ??

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1218271

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice