1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Printer

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by crellin, Dec 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. crellin

crellin Thread Starter

I have an Apollo 1200 printer, it is a very inexpensive one. Don't print to much, but the other evening I tried to print and the printing was very light. I removed the cartridge and saw that it was empty in the top three ink holders(am using color cartridge) so I refilled the three ink slots and put it back in the printer and it prints nothing. I went to the setup and did a test print and cleaned the ports and the did a test pring it printed a few line only. Now again it prints nothing, if any one has a similar printer could you give me a clue, I test the communications and it tested ok. The only thing I can think it might be is that the sponges where the ink is distributed is now to hard and will not let the ink distributed. Thanks.

2. Nick Scott

Nick Scott

I would put in a new cartridge and try with that. Refilling is great when it works, but when it doesn't you might as well chuck the old one away, as trying to fiddle with it to get it to work isn't worth the hassle.

3. ezymony

ezymony

take your ink cartridge out and set it down on a wet paper towell let it draw some ink through it and try it again before you buy another cartridge as i refill mine many times

4. crellin

crellin Thread Starter

Thanks to both replies, appreciated. This is the original cartridge that I have refilled before, so as suggested and trying both options from you.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62340

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice