1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Printers (3)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dkl1075, Jan 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dkl1075

dkl1075 Thread Starter

I currently have (3) printers, HP Designjet T770, Epson Pthot 1400 and HP Photosmart C4180. I currently have to disconnect and connect which ever printer i want to use. All printers have standard USB ports, the T770 has an eithernet port. I do have, have tried to go wireless with "D-Link Access Port" or "Belkin" wireless rotor just cant get anthing to work. printers are across the room and I keep tripping on cables.
    Please Help

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Why do you have to unplug one to plug in another one? You can have multiple printers connected at the same time as many people do. All you need is 3 USB ports on the computer or a USB Hub with enough free ports for each printer.

If you want to get rid of the cable because they are across the room you could put them on a Wireless Print Server with multiple USB ports or use multiple print servers one for each. Example: http://www.dlink.com.au/products/?pid=779

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!