printers and computers

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

CrystalDPoe33

I have just been given a hp photosmart c4795 printer and am looking into another desktop since the old one I have doesn't support the printer. I have been trying to find out if a hp elite c2d 3.0 with windows 10 will support my printer before I purchase it. I haven't been able to find answers anywhere.

cwwozniak

Chuck
Hi CrystalDPoe33, and welcome to TSG.

What operating system is running on your current desktop computer and does it have any USB ports? According to the HP support site, there are C4795 drivers available for Windows XP through Windows 10.

https://support.hp.com/ph-en/driver...l-in-one-printer-series/3794613/model/3940571

The HP Elite C2D 3.0 with windows 10 has USB ports and so should be able to connect to the C4795 with a suitable length USB 2.0 cable.

CrystalDPoe33

I have windows Xp on a hp pavilion 514x. I tried everything I could find on the hp support site and nothing works. Frankly need an update anyway so am looking into the elite.

plodr

Liz
Is XP 32 bit or 64 bit? There are drivers for both XP.

Did you go to the link posted and download the driver?

HPdriver.jpg

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online