1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

printers dissappearing in Windows 2000

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by T-Bone, Feb 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. T-Bone

T-Bone Thread Starter

All of my printers keep dissappearing! If I restart my machine, they come back, and I can print to any printer (local or network). But after a period of time (20 or 30 minutes), I'll send a document to print and it never prints. Then when I open the printers window (to view the queue), the only icon is the "Add Printer" icon. If I click on Add Printer, I get an error message saying:

"Printer operation cannot continue due to lack of resources. The print subsystem is unavailable."

No new software or hardware have been installed. Any ideas on how to fix this? Will reinstalling Windows correct this?

Thank you.

2. jingles64

jingles64

I've got the same basic problem going on too! I've tried uninstalling the printers and editing the registry as the Microsoft forum said and several other things and I still loose all my printers after 1 or 2 prints. What have you tried so far?

3. T-Bone

T-Bone Thread Starter

I installed Service Pack 4 for Windows 2000 and that seems to have fixed the problem. Hopefully it helps for you.

4. jingles64

jingles64

I already have SP4 installed, but I might try and re-install it, just to see if that works. Thanks for the thoughts, let me know if yours still ends up belly up!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/326369

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice