1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

printers not visible in XP

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by lortech, Sep 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lortech

lortech Thread Starter

This is my second post. There has to be someone out there who can help. My only other hope is to format and start over. When adding a local printer, it does not show up in the Printers/Faxes. The screen is blank. If you look at the File/Service folder it shows the printers were installed. It does print, but need access to properties to make some changes, and cannot see printer to select properties. Please.....gotta be a techno out there. I have searched Microsoft over and over...nothing.
    No it's not networked..can't see it to share it. It goes through the install like a normal install. I am stumped.
    Thanks,
    Laurie

2. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

3. lortech

lortech Thread Starter

That article only applies to Windows 2000 not XP. Any thoughts? I have tried the current download drivers available from HP, the original CD, and let Windows install. None work. Now I show 3 printers in the File/Service folder. Any other help is appreciated. Formatting is my last choice, setup and files are complicated.
    Thanks.

4. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

Sorry, you didn't say which OS

5. boyoh53

boyoh53

Don't rush into that!!. My scanner is giving me a similar problem. I reformatted not because of scanner but another issue. I had scanner problem previous to reformatting and it is still with me. I disconnect and reconnect scanner and all is well, that is until I shut off power. When I start up again computer cannot find scanner and again I have to pull the scanner plug and start again. I have tried every combination possible and I cannot fix this problem. It is only when I switch off at the wall this happens. :)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/272819

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice