1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Printing a booklet from Finale

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by nowthentech, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nowthentech

nowthentech Thread Starter

My wife has written some music in Finale Notepad. There are 12 sheets of music and she wants to print them on A4 paper 2-up double-sided in a booklet arrangement. This means that sheet 1 and sheet 12 will be on the same side of the same piece of paper, with sheet 2 and 11 on the other side of the piece of paper.
    The problem is that you cannot tell Finale to print page 1 and 12. You can only tell it to print from page x to page y.
    I can see three solutions to this problem. I can print it all out as a pdf document. However, adobe reader is the same in that I can only specify printing page x to page y. So the first possible solution would be to find a pdf reader that has the flexibility to print page 1 and 12 and then set my printer driver to print 2-up.
    The second solution would be to print out all the pages individually as 12 single page pdf documents and then use a piece of software that can merge two pages together?
    The third solution would be to find a printer driver piece of software that would intercept printing instructions and give a load of options for printing the output as a booklet.
    Oh, and it needs to be FREEWARE or a few dollars. Fine Print is more than I wanted to spend.
    So if you have any suggestions for:
    1. pdf reader that can print non-consecutive pages.
    2. pdf merging software.
    3. a FinePrint freeware alternative
    ...please let me know.
    Thank you

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/651088

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice