1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

printing banner

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by cibyl55, Sep 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cibyl55

cibyl55 Thread Starter

Help please - am trying to print a continuous banner, 44 inches long , using Microsoft PictureIt Publishing 2001. It will only print one page at a time. I've had no problems with other programs, but they won't accept the graphics I want. I'm using an Epsom 400 and have adjusted the paper size
    I'm not sure if I am on the right board, if not, my apologies

2. rkselby98

rkselby98

I think you would make out using a program like Greeting workshop or create a card.

These programs are set up for printing banners but I don't think Picture is.

3. cibyl55

cibyl55 Thread Starter

Thanks - I finally gave up and used my old standby, Sierra PrintArtist, but had to compromise on the graphics. Any ideas on how to transport Picture graphics into Sierra? Copy - velcro won't work. Actually, Picture does indicate that it can do banners, but doesn't tell you that it does them in single pages. Guess thats Microsoft .......

4. rkselby98

rkselby98

You say Picture will do it. Just a thought here did you check your printer set up. File, print, then print set up.

If you press the printer icon on the toolbar you don't have a choice you have to go with the default.

If you go to File, Print and that way you can change the print from single paper to whatever....

5. cibyl55

cibyl55 Thread Starter

Good thought - but yes, I had checked it to 44inch paper - it printed 11inches [1 page] and then went to the end of the sheet - very annoying

6. rkselby98

rkselby98

It shouldn't have. Do you have the latest drivers for the printer downloaded and installed?

Second what are your resources when you are doing this? Are they getting low?

Try CTRL/ALT/DEL and close all programs and then try.

If that helps go to my site and follow the instructions for cleaning the hard drive and msconfig.

www.rselby.com/cleanup.htm

7. cibyl55

cibyl55 Thread Starter

Not much on the Epson site re driver updates for the stylus color 400. Just says Win 98 upgrade disc has drivers for it. I'm sure I installed them at the time. Will try to navigate the Microsoft maze [although Epson says that the MS drivers for the 400 do not have some of the features of the Epson ones] to see if they have any new updates.
    Ran my resource meter - system resource: 47%free; user resources: 55%free; GDI Resources: 47% free. Don't think that's the problem.
    Cleaned everything up recently and removed most temp files etc. plus a lot of junk in start up. Start up programs now are:
    Billminder Startup Group C:\QUICKENW\BILLMIND.EXE
    Netscape Mail Notification Startup Group "C:\Program Files\Netscape\Communicator\Program\nsnotify.exe"
    ZoneAlarm Common Startup Group "C:\Program Files\ZoneAlarm\zonealarm.exe" -nopopup
    Microsoft Works Update Detection Registry (Per-User Run) C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\WkDetect.exe
    ScanRegistry Registry (Machine Run) C:\WINDOWS\scanregw.exe /autorun
    NAV DefAlert Registry (Machine Run) C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\DEFALERT.EXE
    Norton Auto-Protect Registry (Machine Run) C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NAVAPW32.EXE /LOADQUIET
    Norton eMail Protect Registry (Machine Run) C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\POPROXY.EXE
    SystemTray Registry (Machine Run) SysTray.Exe
    ScriptBlocking Registry (Machine Service) "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Script Blocking\SBServ.exe" -reg
    TrueVector Registry (Machine Service) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ZONELABS\VSMON.EXE -service
    MiniLog Registry (Machine Service) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ZONELABS\MINILOG.EXE -service
    Maybe I trashed too much?
    One other thing - off topic but maybe you can answer it: We had an extensive power outage overnight. My computer was off at the time, but not unplugged. When the power came back on so did the computer. Everything seems to be ok but should I be checking something?
    Thanks for all your help

8. rkselby98

rkselby98

Give me a few minutes, maybe a little more than that to go through the startup programs to see what we can remove to help get the resources up a little higher.

9. rkselby98

rkselby98

These can be removed. It will help a little, not much, you have it looking pretty good.

Billminder Startup Group C:\QUICKENW\BILLMIND.EXE

Microsoft Works Update Detection Registry (Per-User Run) C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\WkDetect.exe

10. rkselby98

rkselby98

It looks like the power outage didn't hurt anything. If it would have you would have known it pretty quick.

11. cibyl55

cibyl55 Thread Starter

Wow you are fast! I wondered about those two - they're off now.
    Guess I didn't make myself clear about the power outage. Doesn't the fact that the computer started spontaneously [I wasn't even in the room] indicate some power connection problem? Just wondering.........
    Thanks

12. rkselby98

rkselby98

It shows that you had a power surge but if it would have done any major damage you wouldn't be using it now.

Just say a small thank you for it being ok for someone is looking out for you and yours.

13. cibyl55

cibyl55 Thread Starter

Thank You!!!!!!

14. rkselby98

rkselby98

Oh my, didn't mean me, I don't need or want any thanks. I just like to help people if I can.

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/93709

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice