1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Printing Complete

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Tarq, Oct 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Tarq

Tarq Thread Starter

Hi, I turned on the printing complete sound in XP Sounds and when my printers finished it never plays the sound. Whats wrong?

2. michael_jii

michael_jii

this may sound totally stupid, but are the speakers on?

3. Tarq

Tarq Thread Starter

Yeah they're on!

4. michael_jii

michael_jii

ok, also check the sound you selected is in the location you stated.

5. michael_jii

michael_jii

ie. if you want to play chime.wav and you said it was in c:/windows/sounds/chime.wav make sure it is there

6. Tarq

Tarq Thread Starter

Yeah the location hasn't changed I've known that to happen before when you delete, rename or move a sound file but this one came with XP and is stored in the MEDIA folder on C:\ so I wouldn't have moved it.

Woah I never realised how old you were until I saw your photo, I'm 16 and it's usually middle age people on here. Your english is great. I wish I could speak as good dutch! I saw a QuickTime movie of a dutch advert called De Euro - ons geld the one they showed in 2001 in run up to January 1st and thought it sounded really cool. How old are you?

7. michael_jii

michael_jii

i just turned 13.... i can speak fluent dutch but i come from australia... lol

when the print job is finished do you still have the printer in the bottom right corner of the screen near the clock?

8. Tarq

Tarq Thread Starter

Nope the printer icon disapears as soon as printing is complete.

Oh right lol that explains it. How lomg have you lived in the Netherlands for then? Can you tell me how much 20Gilders is worth and was Juliana the queen before Beatrix?

9. michael_jii

michael_jii

20 guilders is worth about 10euro, yh juliana was the previous queen. funny you should ask cos the queen was at my school to open the new building.

try assignign a different sound to it and see if that works.

10. michael_jii

michael_jii

i've lived in the netherlands about a year

11. Tarq

Tarq Thread Starter

I changed it to the critical battery sound and it still didn't make a sound.

Woah cool, did you get to talk to her? Our queen would never open a school or anything like that, she doesn't even answer her own letters, some one writes back on her behalf! How long have you been in Holland?

12. michael_jii

michael_jii

ok.... you can hear other sounds right?

nah, i didnt get to tlk to her, she came into our art room and only talked to girls...

13. michael_jii

michael_jii

i've been in holland just over a year

14. Tarq

Tarq Thread Starter

Yeah other sounds work fine.

What do they refer to her as? Queens and Kings seem to be a lot more laid back in other countries in Denmark the royal family go shopping in CopenHagen like normal people.

15. michael_jii

michael_jii

fo you hear other windows souns aswell, like for errors and such??

yes, the "koningin" is alot more laid back, she goes horse riding, and sombody i know saw her shopping in a local shopping centre

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/169449

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice