printing correct colors via Mac OS’s Preview application?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

coatl

Hi all :)

i have a simple question, yet despite searching an entire 2 days online, i cannot find the answer!

Here is my question:

how can i print a simple jpg from Preview, and have the colors turn out right?
I have an iMac desktop running El Capitan 10.11.6).

I can print fine from Photoshop—colors are perfect, but i need to print from Preview (as i can then choose borderless printing).

From my searching, i think i at least found out that Preview does not have color settings of its own.
But that Mac has some Color Sync feature.( if this could work for my dilemma somehow?)

Or do i download some profile? Or change the Mac OS color setting somehow? Or…?

(I tried to find out if i could change color settings from my (HP Officejet 7610/7612) printer utility somehow, but cannot find any options to allow this, so that seems to be automatic.)

Please help! (As it is, the colors are printing out extremely cyan-y via Preview.)

Much appreciated!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online