1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Printing/Font problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jfriedlund, Apr 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jfriedlund

jfriedlund Thread Starter

My printer ran out of ink, I changed the cartridge and it started to print blank pages. I finally got it to print however, it doesn't print over the entire page, just the left side. I went to the troubleshooting part of the printer program and it appears that some of the fonts are not marked "TT" as they should be. I can't figure out how to change the font settings on some of the fonts that are marked "O" and one marked "A" to "TT". Can anyone help me?

I tried to do a system restore twice to different dates and it says "cannot restore to preivous date, no changes have been made to your system" It doesn't say why it can't just that it can't. What now?

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Are you using a cartridge for that printer, or some kind of off brand or refill?

3. jfriedlund

It was easier to replace the printer, thanks.

4. I Fix 4 U

I Fix 4 U

u bought a new printer....
    i wouldve gone through other methods of troubleshooting before going out and buying something. If u didnt buy a new one i just say uninstall printer and printer software, and reinstall... the proper way.

5. ~Candy~

Depending on the model, neon, it IS sometimes cheaper than buying a new ink cartridge :eek:

With a new printer, sometimes you get both cartridges for less than the price of one.

6. I Fix 4 U

I Fix 4 U

Hmm when i think about it, you can see printers on sale sometimes around $50, refilling ink is :eek: $40, sometimes the printer comes with ink. Something's fishy. And then there's the $90 ones with $80 rebates, insane lol yah somethings up.

So candy ur just saying some printers cost less then going out to buy another ink cartridge pack right lol?

7. ~Candy~

Yes, I've seen some HP models at Walmart no less for around $30 that include both color and b&w cartridge. Amazing, huh?

8. I Fix 4 U

I Fix 4 U

Crazy, and then they sell the cartridges for more than the printer. Insane.

9. ~Candy~

The business IS the ink, not the hardware. That is why more and more, printers are actually the disposable part :eek:

10. I Fix 4 U

I Fix 4 U

You think it's safe to buy cheapo printers every time we need a new ink cartridge and donate them, or would it be something bad to do or a money loss thing?
    Because if its beneficiery the lowest end printers today are still better than the one i have now lol.

11. ~Candy~

It certainly can't hurt, especially if you find them for around the price I mentioned.

12. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

You also can figure in how much the hassle to try and get the existing one to work. If it takes a couple of days of messing around, with purchasing new ink cartridges in the process), often it is a lot easier, cheaper and more reliable just to get a new one.

13. jfriedlund

Part of the "fun" though is to try and figure out what caused the problem and how to fixe it.

14. ~Candy~

I wholeheartedly agree. I have 2 Epson throw aways in the closet now. Perhaps someday I'll get to them :D

15. I Fix 4 U

I Fix 4 U

I've fixed two printer's fanbelts before. Plenty of paper jams.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/350839

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice