1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

printing forms in Access 2000

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by himdata, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. himdata

himdata Thread Starter

Hi
    Newbie here. I am constructing a DB in Access 2000. I have one form with all the data from the other forms on it, and i want to print out this form for all the test entries. In print preview the print area doesnt fill the whole page, how do I adjust this? I have tried page set up, which is landscape, and letter size, and margins are 1" all round. but the form is only shown filling just over half a page width ways.
    In design view the area of the form is smaller than the area of the paper.
    Other forms only show the header in print preview.

many thanks

2. OBP

OBP

It is normal to Print using a "Report" rather than a Form. You can adjust a Report to any size you want.

3. himdata

himdata Thread Starter

thanks, I realise this. but as part of my checking the DB for errors i am inputting fake data. I would like to see the form that contains the data for each client.

So should i have made a report for each client??

4. OBP

OBP

Yes, but you only need one report, it will print out all of the records for you.
    If you have a lot of data for each client you can set the Report to print just one client per page by using the Grouping and Sorting function.
    If you use the Report Wizard to create it you will see this facility.

5. himdata

himdata Thread Starter

thanks I'll try that.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753250

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice