1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved printing from com port NT4

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ren, Jan 23, 2002.

Unmark Solved
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ren

ren Guest Thread Starter

hello

i have just got myself a new hp 2200 laserjet and i am having problems printing large files to it, i beleive this is because i have a ext freecom CDRW running from the parallel port already, the printer then connecting thru this.
    this is the 2nd printer i have had this problem with, so i am now tryign to work around the problem
    so i thought i would connect the printer via the com1 port, there appears to be a settign in printers to do this.
    firstly is this possible if so what do i have to do to get it to work?
    as i cannot get it to print
    and as i am running NT4 i cannot use the USB connection on the printer

2. Brooks

Brooks Guest

3. elsinaj

elsinaj

Did you try disabling the bi-directional communication, or changing the type of printer interface in the BIOS of your computer?

A.J.

4. Brooks

Brooks Guest

Just realized that you are out of the UK. I don't know what a parallel card would run over there.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!