1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Printing from Outlook 2007

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Flexopower, Oct 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Flexopower

Flexopower Thread Starter

I have fax to email. Every time a fax is received, an email pops up with the fax as attachment. Simply print out the attachment. That is how it was with XP. - Now with Vista and Outlook 2007 (office 2007), the same attachment is opened in the windows photo gallery.

I am unable to print A4 portrait, because there are no such options. I only have landscape options. - How am I able to print an A4 portrait as A4 portrait from windows photo gallery? Many thanks for any leads.

PS: local Microsoft helpdesk declined to help on above question and referred me to HP, because my new PC had the operating system installed when I bought it in the shop. - HP says it is a Outlook software issue and could not help...

2. WAJ0606

WAJ0606

What's the file type of the fax? Are you opening the fax or saving it first?

3. Flexopower

Flexopower Thread Starter

Usually appears as .tif attachment. I open the attachment first.

4. Krash

Krash

This is certainly not an issue with Outlook. Once the picture opens in the Windows Photo Gallery Outlook's responsibility as the application that received the email/fax is over.

So now we are looking at the capability of Windows Photo Gallery as to if it can a TIFF image and print it for you.

Try this, if you have any other pictures , try opening them in the Photo Gallery and see if you get the Portrait option to print em out. Similarly try saving the tif attachment to the desktop and see if you get the Portrait option.

If neither work then you may want to download a free tiff viewer, use it to open the attachment before printing it. I have included a link to one that I came across.

http://www.tiffviewer.com/free-tif-viewer.htm

Well if this fails to give you the portrait option too, then I would wonder if your printer drivers are 100% compliant with Windows Vista.

PS : Microsoft would offer you free support on a retail copy of Windows. If its an OEM installation (pre-installed when the computer was purchased) its up to your computer manufacturer to provide you free support. This is because you paid HP for the operating system and the tech support for it, when you bought the computer. Also check if the Office 2007 is a full version or trial. Most manufacturers install Office trials and customers end up assuming its a full version until it expires.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/643166

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice