1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Printing hyperlinked text files from word

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by surfnschultz, Sep 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. surfnschultz

surfnschultz Thread Starter

I have this huge document 100+ pages. I want to partition it up by placing hyperlnks to the indivual docs. I can make the hyperlinks and they work. My question is when I want to print an entire copy of this manual how can I get the hyper linked docs to print? :rolleyes:

Thansk in advance for any and all help.

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Why do you want to partition in the first place?

3. surfnschultz

surfnschultz Thread Starter

The file is very large and it is becoming a hassel to reformat all the docs people are giving me. Everyone does the formatting of the docs differently, so instead of me doing all the painful editing of each file to make it look similar I want to hyperlink to the doc instead of trying to incoprporate all the changes. Also I want to have small easy to use manual for the group and not a huge all emcompassing file. I want to create an index type of manual that they can click on the link to the doc they are seeking. One requirement is that the manual can be printed out in all it's glory for Diaster recovery. How can I do this?

4. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    "The file is very large."

That's the first problem.
    Why?
    Sounds like you probably have oversized pictures in it.
    Take a copy of the file.
    Cut each picture and Edit-Paste special-As a picture (JPG if avail).
    See how much your size is reduced.

So, you don't CARE if the doc is formatted the same?
    Well, I do believe if you do this the way Word intended (which still sucks even in 2003), then you create a master document with subdocuments. Check the help files. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/275098

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice