1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Printing in Excel

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by brykMantra, Apr 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. brykMantra

brykMantra Thread Starter

I'm trying to print 2 long columns and have them print all on one page.

Example: Say you have 2 columns, 100 rows long (for instance, the names of 100 students, and by each name you have the student's grade). I want Excel to print all these on one page, in four two-column columns (if you see what I'm saying). I want the data to break after the first 25 names, then start at the top of the page to the right of the first section, instead of going to the next page.

Does anybody know how to do this? (Does it make any sense at all?)

Thanks in advance!

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Simply drag and drop the column portions so they sit beside each other. Preferrably in a copy of the original spreadsheet.

Or preferably, create a second multi-column worksheet and link the cells to it, so a printable version is created.

What you want is for Excel to repaginate and realign cells but just for printing, but in doing so it would destroy cell relationships, so its not an inbuilt feature. It would actually be a nightmare for important spreadsheets if it was accidentally able to be done!

You can highlight different areas by holding down the CTRL key and therefore set multiple print areas, but as far as I know there is no way to get it to re-arrange these on 1 page.

3. Yorkshire Guy

Yorkshire Guy

This might be what you want.

1. Create a Word Document and Format it for the no of columns you want : Format/Columns/ specify how many columns - in your case this would be how many pairs of excel columns.

2. Copy your two columns from Excel and paste into the first column on your Word document.

This will wrap for you down then across the page.

4. brykMantra

brykMantra Thread Starter

Ha! I KNEW there was a workaround -- thanks Hew!

Thanks to Kiwi too -- I wrote a response last night, but it didn't post somehow ... I probably wasn't paying attention somewhere along the line ...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222681

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice